Whole bean coffee.
We're excited about this incredible offering from the Gedeo Zone, in the Yirgacheffe District of Ethiopia. This coffee, a regional lot sourced from 650 smallholder growers was processed naturally on raised beds at the Aricha mill owned by Cherab na Betesebu and his family.
We loved this coffee from the very first sample roast. It's a sweet and fruity coffee--in many ways epitomizing an Ethiopian coffee. We taste blackberry, plum, and grape, with a wonderful sweet finish, particularly as the cup cools. We occasionally taste a wonderful, floral flavor, too!
- Origin: Aricha mill, Gedeo Zone, Yirgacheffe District, Ethiopia
- Farmer: 650 smallholder family farms
- Process: Natural, fully dried on raised beds
- Varieties: Indigenous heirloom cultivars
- Altitude: 1,900 - 2100 masl
- What we taste: blackberry, plum, grape